Tuesday 13 November 2012

Setbacks


ARRRGGHHHHH!

Friday November 9th and yet Another setback.
The pasteurizer that is needed to cook our goat milk and make our base isn’t working correctly and needs to be repaired. Therefore, it is off line for all of next week.

My goal of launching our gelato on 17 November has been dashed and I was feeling extremely disappointed and angry.

          It takes a lot of energy to do the work involved in setting up a business. More than I thought it would. Sometimes, and I know I have said this before, not knowing what the emotional and physical demands would be has been better than knowing ahead of time , or I wouldn’t have tried to have a goat milk gelato business. Naiveté comes in handy.

          Part of being in business is not giving up, and keeping control of emotions. I was spitting bullets last night and I wanted to blame just about everybody on the planet. I expressed my feeling aloud to my goats and my business partner. That was all; it ended in the milking parlor. It’s good to vent but I have to make sure it is appropriate; the right time, the right place, and the right person. Then, even though it is extremely difficult, I let the emotions go.

          I should admit that I am feeling flat today, a bit down in the mouth and sad. I won’t let these feelings stop me from getting done what needs to be done. That is what “not giving up” looks like. Continuing on as if nothing has happened, doing the work that has to be done, updating the webpage, Facebook and blog…

          Wah, wah, I’ll stop whining now and get on with the work that needs to be done. It is Friday today, and the start of a long weekend. Will have time to get my trailer cleaned, the transportation freezer installed, the inverter installed, and an inventory of our coulis. I will keep on getting all my ducks in a row so when we launch it will be as smooth as possible.

UPDATE - Tuesday Nov. 13/12.
      Being angry and frankly pissed off was motivating and we got lots done on the weekend. Still planning on getting the inverter into the trailer but it's pretty wet and raining today. 
      Feeling better and keeping up the pace. 

Above is a photo of my sweetie Primrose. She is eight and pregnant with her babies due around Valentines day. She is a great milker and her daughters are doing very well.  Thinking of naming her upcoming baby girls after chocolate bars:  Kitkat, Milky Way, Aero. Could be fun!

Baby goats make me very happy, they are so lovely and cuddly. Ahhhh - a happy place.

No comments:

Post a Comment